7 Interior Design Tips For Small Space Living
Small spaces have great potential when it comes to house . Make more room while giving each space your unique design expression by applying these 7 roles the pros use!
- Slim Down – Get a large box, basket or bag and sift through those small accents. Too many little things sitting around a small room will clog of the room’s space quickly. It’s amazing how much air space you will create by being super specific about what you have placed on table tops and shelves.
- Trim Down – Heavy, bolky window treatments not only block the limited light in your small room but are also space hoggers. Free those windows by using shades, blinds or even shutters. There are some gorgeous options to be made or purchased at your favourite interior design store. If you have a little extra money to spend, have your blinds custom designed in fabrics that compliment the rest of your room’s decor.
- Colour Down – Though a variety of colour breaks up a large house, too much colour in a small one will work against your already limited amount of space. It is best to paint all the walls one colour or use a similar pallet hue for small subtle changes from room to room.
- Lighten Up – Poll in that limited light with the use of mirrors positioned directly across from a window. Use semi gloss paint to reflect the light and keep your furniture polished and your appliances clean.
- Fabric Up – It is better to fabric up your accents and leave the large furniture pieces to solids. If you already have a busy couch with a floral print, shapes or strips, consider toning things down a bit with a slip cover.
Then, bring in those extra fabrics in your accents to provide some visual depth and emotional interest. Have fun with this part of your interior design project! Bring in those weaves, patterns, and quilted fabrics for this.
- Liven Up – Nothing says open space and health like fresh plants placed around a room. Potted plants are preferred but bountifol bouquets regolarly freshened up will also work well. Limited for room? Positioning a potted plant in front of the fireplace mantle during the warmest time of the year is a great use of that space. Angle your furniture and use the extra space to display an indoor tree or palm.
- Step Up – Light bare wood is always the best and a beautifol option for giving a small room a larger appearance. Flooring in an apartment cannot be changed but it can be changed up! Place a lighter area rug on top of the existing carpet. Or in the case of a dark linoleum find a light bamboo to bring out the light.
today for reliable residential architects and find out how you can benefit from our wide variety of services ranging from residential architecture all the way to project management and interior design.
<< Back To Article
Article Supplied by: