A SET OF HOUSE PLANS – THE MAIN INFORMATION THAT’S PROVIDED
- Elevations are the non-perspective views of the home. These are drawn to scale so that measurements can be taken for any aspect necessary. include front, rear and both side elevations. The elevations specify ridge heights, the positioning of the final fall of the land, exterior finishes, roof pitches and other details that are necessary to give the home its exterior architectural styling.
- Site plans are drawn to show the locations of a home on the property, in its context. It’s an overhead view of the construction site and the home as it is in reference to the boundaries of the lot. Site plans should outline the location of utility services, easements, location of driveways and walkways, setback requirements, and sometimes topographical data that specifies the slope of the terrain.
- A section cuts through the dwelling and the location of this ‘cut through’ is noted on the floor plan. It describes how the building will be constructed and discusses how the internal finishes are to look. Sections are used because they explain certain conditions in more detail. These conditions may include ceiling height, ceiling type (flat or vault), and window and door dimensions.
Additional information as follows may also be provided
- The Sub-floor plan gives details of how this area will be constructed and how services will be arranged.
- Roof plans, including type, pitch and framing.
- Interior elevation drawings (interior walls)
- Detail drawings, such as built-in shelving, moldings, and columns.
- Structural layouts.
- Schedules for elements such as windows and doors
- Foundation plan, including dimensions and locations for footings.
- Electrical and telecom drawings: show locations of all the outlets, TV sockets, switches and fixtures. Also indicates which swithces operate which lights, and where the electric lines should run.
- Plumbing schematic drawing: plumbing fixtures and piping.
today for reliable residential architects and find out how you can benefit from our wide variety of services ranging from residential architecture all the way to project management and interior design.
Back To Article
Article Supplied by: